Saturday, January 8, 2011

Individuation

Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darkness of other people.
~Carl Jung




Interview Reflection:

The story I created was about the transformation of an integral relationship in my life. My best friend's betrayal and the disappointment experienced when she gave into her insecurities, competitive nature and greed. The purpose was purely narcissistic. At summer session, Dr. Ohler discussed his use of story to help therapy clients "reason out" or concretely process struggles within their lives. So, I used this media project for my own personal catharsis.

I'm pretty limited with using media techniques and this was my first attempt at movie maker. I really utilized the experiential nature of this project to craft my inner feelings with an outward vehicle. Since I've experienced the benefits of this tool firsthand, I feel more confident and competent now to use this technique with my own clients who are struggling with a variety of issues.

You tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvze-RfsPzU